May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Good day folks, did you miss me at all (or if this is your first visit, I'll just leave it at hello, lol)?  I've had a lot going on, but mostly I haven't been updating things because most of what I need to do requires a good digital camera and the image sensor on my Samsung Digimax D53 is going bad (I got it in 2006, so no real surprise there).  I'm currently in the process of trying to come up with a way to get the funds to buy a new one.  Hopefully soon I'll be back up to speed, but for now it's on slow-mo.  I have been keeping an eye on the graphic novel, video game and other media markets, so for now I'm just observing and keeping tabs on things so that I don't fall too far behind on those as well.  Looking at other potential interests for this blog, etc.

One of the things I recently discovered is there's this pretty nifty little website, sort of a "collector's club" kind of deal, called Loot Crate, which has some pretty decent stuff.  It's a subscription-based deal, starting with a month-by-month deal that allows you to cancel at any time (but of course the bigger the sub, the lower the price).  I suggest you check them out, it may just interest you enough to try it.

Also, this week, GamersGate is having some somewhat decent offers:

There's also still the Humble Weekly Bundle going, there are just over 2 days and 19 hours left on this one, which includes the DRM-free versions of Alan Wake Collector's Edition (including tons of bonus content) and Alan Wake's American Nightmare (again, lots of bonuses).  Pay $1 USD or more (of course I'll suggest to pay as much as can be afforded) and you'll also get Steam keys.

Last, but most certainly not least, let us all ensure to remember why today is called "Memorial Day".  Many men and women laid down their lives, sacrificing them for us, even the ones who survived still made major sacrifices and many still do.  They did this to ensure that the rights given us - and recognized by the US Constitution and Bill of Rights - remained and still remain protected.  That We The People are protected.  To all men and women who've ever served in the armed forces, including their families who made just as big of sacrifices as they, we salute you and give our thanks to you for all you've done and continue to do, for upholding that oath that you took to protect us all from enemies foreign and domestic.  Thank you.


I found this wallpaper image above while searching for "American Flag Wallpapers" on Google, and noticed the Faith for the Family website is who created and issued it.  I checked the site out a little, maybe you can too.  It couldn't hurt.  Anyway, have a good day and God bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quit chawin' the grass and say somethin' ewe!