Nov 6, 2012

What's this? Three in a row? Inconceivable!

So yeah, here goes my third post on this blog today.  Tired of reading this crap yet?  Well it gets more entertaining, at some point, I swear I read that somewhere!  Well, anyway, I have a small rant and something to sorta-kinda be happy about.  Well, my family and I primarily use my Xbox 360 (I have the Halo 3 Ltd. Ed.) for streaming digital content from my PC (videos like TV show episodes & movies, and music sometimes, too), using TVersity.  Well all was great until two days ago, when suddenly, out of nowhere, after FIVE years of killer awesome service, the video output decides it wants to start doing that crap where it'll be all like "Hey, yo, uh yeah I get that you want to watch stuff, but I'm feeling a little trippy right now, so here watch these funny colors...", and then after a second time of trying to diagnose it, no video signal at all, the stupid thing totally blacked out on me.  So now we have to save up some $$$ and see what's going on with it.  I've a feeling it's the video chip itself, but Idk for sure, because the first step is replacing the cable, and we have to save up just for that.

On to the good news.  I had almost forgotten that we had a Nintendo Wii, because we don't really have a lot of time to mess with it much, and then it occurred to me that TVersity also allows media streaming through the Wii console, via the Internet Channel on the Wii's menu.  Awesomesauce!  Well, I went online, Googled it and voila!  I got a post right on the TVersity page that wasn't there when I'd checked it a few weeks ago.  While the connection isn't nearly as good as on the Xbox 360, it's tolerable, at least for the most part anyway.  The guy who wrote the blog post, about setting up the Wii to work with TVersity, is very technologically gifted, so do listen to what he has to say.  If you're interested in the article, here it is: http://dangross.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/setting-up-tversity-with-your-wii/

In the meantime, we're just letting the good ole' 360 sit right where it is, and I'll toss up an update when we figure out what's going on, and can afford to fix it/replace it/whatever.  Regardless I just hope it won't break the bank, so to speak.  I hate when things are expensive.  Heck, I won the Xbox 360, and until two days ago it hadn't a single issue, so it's done pretty well, all things considered, but I just hate the idea of having to pay to repair a prize that I'd won for free, lol.  Anyway folks, thanks for reading and have a good day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quit chawin' the grass and say somethin' ewe!